HOT OF THE PRESS!!
EUROCAM Free Online Event – 12th October 2021
EUROCAM is a European platform for organisations representing patients, medical doctors, veterinarians and practitioners in the sector of Traditional, Complementary and Integrative Medicine.
EUROCAM aims to promote the contribution of Complementary and Alternative Medicine to better health in Europe. EUROCAM is an independent non-profit and non-governmental European umbrella organisation.
For EUROCAM September Newsletter click here
To Register for this FREE Online event click image below
Some of you may know Dr Reilly. Until 2016 he was a Consultant Physician in The NHS for Centre for Integrative Care in Glasgow; and Greater Glasgow & Clyde Health Board’s Lead Clinician for people with CFS/ME. He is currently Director of TheWEL Programmes, The Healing Shift Enquiry and Founder and Director of TheWEL Charity.
Dr David Reilly has offered an great opportunity to get involved with the COVID WEL project .
The COVIDWEL course offers you immediately useful, hands-on support for your wellbeing, health and resilience during this difficult era, and then beyond, after COVID. It will help you to help yourself. It is completely free as a contribution in these hard times.
The course distils three hours from the full 20-hour WEL course – an evidence-based approach scientifically proven to help people transform their wellbeing.
The COVIDWEL is in 2 parts:
- In Part 1, we explore the ‘missing edge’ of the Pandemic Triangle – your ability to resist infection and recover from it. This complements our current critical preventative measures and treatments. We examine how the ‘soil’ of poor health allows the ‘seed’ of the virus to take deeper root. Then we focus on ways to tackle our mental health, wellbeing and coping challenges and ways that shift our perceptions and activate our self-care as we navigate the storms of the pandemic.
- In Part 2, we narrow our focus onto specific steps you can take immediately to strengthen your resilience to infection and your recovery from it. You will learn three key targeted areas for action with your nutrition.
- Everything you learn in the COVIDWEL will be of great ongoing value to you when the pandemic is over, helping you turn your way of living around
If you would like to know more or do the course, please visit the website click here
Good luck and hope you enjoy!
Localgiving (click here for more information) is working with People’s Postcode Lottery, a grant giving charity funded by players of People’s Postcode Lottery, to offer charitable organisations the opportunity to apply for 2000 grants of £500.
The Magic Little Grants Fund provides charitable organisations the opportunity to access funding to deliver a range of projects which fit one or more of the below funding themes:
- Improving mental wellbeing
- Enabling community participation in the arts
- Preventing or reducing the impact of poverty
- Supporting marginalised groups and promoting equality
- Improving biodiversity and green spaces
- Enabling participation in physical activity
- Responding to the climate emergency and promoting sustainability
- Increasing community access to outdoor space
Friends were successful in gaining £500 from local giving. In partnership with the NHS Friends of the Centre for Integrative Care and the Whiteinch Centre, this grant helped us to develop a Mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR) online class for beginners. With the support from the Whiteinch Centre who provided the IT training and support, along with the grant that allowed us to buy the equipment needed, Friends supported 5 individuals to get online and take part in the course. The preparatory work has taken place and the online class will start on the 13th April 2021@8pm. Watch this space for further classes and updates.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CLICK HERE
Founded in 1844 and incorporated by Parliament in 1950 the Faculty of Homeopathy supports registered medical professionals with their homeopathic practice. They are the only homeopathic organisation to be recognised by professional bodies such as the General Medical Council (GMC). They have nine course providers, including four overseas.For more information on the Faculty use the click here above.
Need more information on EuroCAM click here
Today we seen the launch of the European Interest group on integrative care and health.The newly established Interest Group on Integrative Medicine & Health continues the work of the former MEP Interest Group on CAM. This group brings together MEPs who work collectively to promote the inclusion of CAM as part of Integrative Medicine & Health in all possible European Parliament public health policy.
It is lovely to see this progress in European countries. The Friends are a member of this group and we look forward to following and being involved with the work of this European group. For more information and to view the presentations from the launch, clinic here