Localgiving Magic Little Grants – Friends MBSR 2021 IT Project
Localgiving (click here for more information) is working with People’s Postcode Lottery, a grant giving charity funded by players of People’s Postcode Lottery, to offer charitable organisations the opportunity to apply for 2000 grants of £500.
The Magic Little Grants Fund provides charitable organisations the opportunity to access funding to deliver a range of projects which fit one or more of the below funding themes:
- Improving mental wellbeing
- Enabling community participation in the arts
- Preventing or reducing the impact of poverty
- Supporting marginalised groups and promoting equality
- Improving biodiversity and green spaces
- Enabling participation in physical activity
- Responding to the climate emergency and promoting sustainability
- Increasing community access to outdoor space
Friends were successful in gaining £500 from local giving. In partnership with the NHS Friends of the Centre for Integrative Care and the Whiteinch Centre, this grant helped us to develop a Mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR) online class for beginners. With the support from the Whiteinch Centre who provided the IT training and support, along with the grant that allowed us to buy the equipment needed, Friends supported 5 individuals to get online and take part in the course. The preparatory work has taken place and the online class will start on the 13th April 2021@8pm. Watch this space for further classes and updates.